Friday, August 12, 2011

Auschwitz-Birkenau

Yesterday was Auschwitz-Birkenau.
Blue skies, great temperatures. A beautiful day.

A beautiful day?

I was so scared to go.
Couldn't sleep the night before.
Even suggested to Noa: Perhaps we'll skip Auschwitz, and say we were there...?

But it was an amazingly powerful experience, and from the moment we got there, I was so glad that I had come. After all these years, hearing about it, reading about it, being told about it from others, I finally made it myself. To stand where so many millions had stood, and where millions were killed.

I took picture after picture picture. The barracks from this view, and from this side. From the left and from the right.
The barbed wire this side and that side.
So many photos...

May all who lost their lives there rest in peace.
Thank you for having me.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

You are the real heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment